What we believe about environmental wellness and sustainability
”We believe that personal wellness goes hand in hand with environmental wellness and sustainability. Therefore we are committed to nurturing a healthy, safe and vibrant community to help sustain our organization and grow into the future with a socially responsible and environmentally conscious approach. “
“We are aware of our responsibility towards the environment, our employees and the local community. We continuously aim for excellence in environmental, social and ethical activities as a key behavior for a successful and sustainable business. We aim to be considerate to our neighbors whilst delivering great value to customers.”
How we behave as an environmentally friendly hotel
Sustainability has always been a natural element for us and we have always acted accordingly to safeguard our home island of Kefalonia. After renovating the hotel in 2013, we have taken additional proactive steps to reduce our carbon output and to exceed our current best practice environmental guidelines by:
- Incorporating our environmental commitments into key business decisions.
- Reducing our waste and conserving the natural resources using water and energy conservation methods.
- Sharing the natural and cultural heritage of our island and offering our guests an authentically local experience.
- Complying with environmental legislation and striving to follow best environmental practices.
- Building local partnerships, sharing our environmental message and raising awareness for guests and colleagues.
- Sourcing locally wherever possible.
- Providing a smoke-free accommodation for our guests in all common indoors areas including all guest rooms.
- Working with charities and offering support through the skills of our employees and the hotel’s own resources.