Here at the White Rocks, we are committed to offer confidence and comfort for all. The health and wellbeing of our guests, staff and colleagues is our top priority today and every day. We have created a touchless and safe holiday experience for our guests and have trained all staff members accordingly. The White Rocks Hotel Kefalonia is certified with POSI SHIELD which certifies that a set of protocols is always in place and adjusted according to the epidemiological guidance.
TRAVEL UPDATE FOR SAFE ENTRY AND DEPARTURE IN GREECE
All travelers can now enter Greece restrictions-free, following the governmental decision to reduce entry requirements to the country. From May 1st, all incoming travelers, regardless of their country of origin, can enter Greece without having to provide proof of vaccination, testing or recovery. All information provided regarding entry and departure requirements to Greece is subject to change and the situation is fluid. Please read the latest information related to inbound entry requirements on the official Greek government website: https://travel.gov.gr/#/
OPEN AIR PUBLIC AREAS WITH FRESH AIR CIRCULATION
The resort design of White Rocks Hotel Kefalonia features a plethora of airy outdoors spaces that never feel overcrowded. Guests can enjoy the 50.000 square meters of unspoiled nature, can spend as much time as they wish outdoors, around the pool or at the secluded Blue Flag awarded hotel’s beach. With al fresco outdoors dining combining spectacular sea views with social distancing and HACCP safety kitchen protocols, guests can rest assured that their experience is as carefree and safe as possible everywhere in the resort.
TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN CONTACTLESS EXPERIENCE
Although the experience may look a little different, we have gone the extra mile to ensure it feels the same. Enhancements to our daily operations mean that a technology-driven contactless experience ensures safe and touchless elevators, check-in, ordering, check-out and more. For example the classic Room Directory containing useful information regarding the hotel services and facilities has been installed in the in-room smart TV so guests can go through it while in their room. For our guests who wish to find information about the hotel while out and about, the QR at the back of the key card forlder facilitates the access to all hotel info.
CLEANING AND SANITATION EVERYWHERE
Our team implements additional precautionary and sanitization standards across the entire property. We have increased the frequency of property cleaning and disinfecting using eco-friendly certified products and giving extra attention to frequently touched surfaces in public spaces. These stringent measures extend from all guestrooms, to public areas and to back of house spaces. We use housekeeping chemicals that disinfect and sanitize.
TESTING FOR GUESTS & STAFF
As part of our safety protocol, staff are tested. Guests may take rapid antigen tests during their stay or request them prior to departure.
ARRIVING GUESTS AT THE WHITE ROCKS
All guests should wear face masks in all indoors areas (elevators, lounges, buffet restaurant) as per the hotel’s policy to protect all guests and staff members.
ON THE WAY TO THE HOTEL
Filling out the formalities prior to the arrival is recommended. We offer pre-check-in via our website.
Comfortable self-check-in procedure.
There are visible safety and social distancing signs in place.
Touchless hand sanitization stations are available in entrances.
Constant disinfection of POS devices and front desk counters.
Key cards are disinfected prior to being given to guests.
Reception doors open automatically to facilitate touchless access.
Lobby doors and windows are kept open to let fresh air circulate.
Check-in as of 15:00 and check-out is until 11:00, to allow sufficient time for cleaning, disinfection, and natural ventilation of guestrooms prior to guest’s arrival.
WELCOME TO YOUR ROOM
- Housekeeping services will be provided on a daily basis according to hotel’s cleaning policy, following all the necessary safety guidelines.
- Disinfection and deep cleaning of guestrooms is performed with certified sanitization products in cooperation with Diversey and aerial surface disinfection equipment.
- Stringent water sample testing is held monthly by a certified laboratory in order to maintain high hygiene standards.
- A/C air ducts are disinfected, and usage of A/C is at guest’s discretion.
- Replacement of in-room hotel directory with digital info via the guestroom’s smart TV.
- Mini bar service is temporarily unavailable. Mini bar is stocked with complimentary bottle of water upon arrival and can be stocked with other products upon guest’s request(entails a cost) Coffee making facilities are available in the room.
- Frequently touched items and surfaces are disinfected at every arrival.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
- HACCP protocols in kitchen, restaurants and bars are in place. Operation has adjusted layout, at a reduced capacity to ensure social distancing.
- Unique design with fresh air circulation facilitates al fresco dining with reduced sitting occupancy at the restaurant. The spacious buffet restaurant’s capacity ensures social distancing.
- The buffet restaurant is operational. Guests are encouraged to wear face masks in all indoors spaces.
- Contactless ordering and payment options made available. Credit card and room charge instead of cash payment is encouraged and facilitated. POS devices are sanitized between every use.
- Menus are digital and are accessed via QR codes to minimize physical contact.
- Frequent disinfection of high touch surfaces and overnight sanitization of restaurants and bars.
- Appropriate cleaning and sanitization of materials, ingredients and utensils is in place in the kitchen with certified sanitization and disinfecting cleaning products.
Room service upon request and delivery at the door from the all-day dining menu. Meal allowance is not applicable in this service. Service tray charge applies.
HOTEL PUBLIC SPACES
- Surface sanitization in public areas and extra attention is given to frequently touched surfaces.
- Maximum of two guests are permitted in elevators or a family consisting of two adults and children.
- Contactless buttons with sensors and air sterilizer device are located inside the elevator cabin.
- To protect the wellbeing of all, social distancing measures are applied and face masks are recommended to guests in all indoors spaces.
POOL AND BLUE FLAG PRIVATE BEACH
- Automated dosing and monitoring devices are installed at the property’s Pools which record PH & CL levels hourly and treat the water accordingly.
WELLNESS & FITTNESS IS ADAPTING WITH PRIMARY FOCUS ON THE BEAUTIFUL OUTDOORS
- Nature walks on our seafront and sea activities such as boat hire is available.
- Personal training sessions will be available upon request.
- Guests should wear face masks during massage treatments.
- A certified Doctor is available on call. In case you feel unwell during your stay, we advise to remain in the room. We will immediately contact our collaborating Hotel General Practitioner (GP) to discuss symptoms and carry out a physical examination if necessary.
- Upon departure rapid test or PCR testing can be arranged from dedicated lab professionals upon request.
Contactless departure and check-out processes are put in place from guests who require them. Advance check-out is available to guests. Contactless payment options are encouraged and available.
DISCLAIMER | HOTEL OPERATIONS POLICY
At White Rocks Hotel Kefalonia, we are continuously monitoring the development of the pandemic. The well-being, health and safety of our employees and guests remains our highest priority. We fully comply with the government’s guidelines and have put in place precautionary measures to reduce risks, however, we cannot guarantee that our guests will not be exposed to the virus. Guests are requested to take self-protective measures and follow the relevant Hotel-rules to minimize any possibilities of virus’ exposure. By visiting White Rocks Hotel Kefalonia, or attending any of its activities, guests acknowledge the contagious nature of the virus and the risk of being exposed or infected by COVID. White Rocks does not accept any liability and guests agree not to raise against White Rocks any claims of any kind arising out of, or relating thereto.
Crafted in compliance with the government health authorities and leading global experts, our health and safety protocols offer a combination of enhanced protocols, sanitization procedures and safety policies across resort operations and spaces. Within our unique outdoors spaces and for the protection of our guests and staff, some experiences, services and offerings may be modified, operate at limited capacity, or be terminated at the Hotel’s absolute discretion for the wellbeing and protection of our guests and employees. No claims or requests for discounts can be admissible due to adjustments to services or offerings, which are in place for the welfare and safety of all.